Some people believe that acetone is the best way to remove gel on nails, but if you do not want to use acetone. Gel manicures are becoming more popular because they help the varnish stay well these days. Regular nail varnish may look good for a few days, but the bottom line is that it will start to chip after some time and you will need to remove or replace it. However, it is difficult to use acetone due to precautions you will need to take to protect your skin and also you may fear posing health risks to yourself. So you may want to use a more natural way to eliminate gel nails.
Risks to the health caused by acetone
- Animal studies have shown that long exposure to acetone can affect the liver, kidneys, nerve damage and cause birth defects. I bet you will not want to take such a risk when you have several options that are much safer health wise and you do not need any expert knowledge to use these other methods.
- Moderate to high exposure to acetone for short periods of time can cause chronic toxicity to your nose, lungs and throat or even shortening of the menstrual cycle in women. These effects are just some of the major health risks the list is much longer. Why would you wish to gamble your life for beauty while you have safer ways of doing it which will not even require any spending as the tolls you will be using are readily available at your home?
- It has the ability to damage the skin by depleting moisture and oils, making it dry, brittle and susceptible to peeling. OH boy! I am sure if there is a part of your body that you always try to keep protected is your skin. Having a healthy skin is vital for beauty and since it is the part of the body that is mostly exposed to various conditions why take an open riks that you can avoid.
The relief here is that you do not really need acetone to remove the gel nails, there are easier ways that can be used especially on a weekend, when you are afternoon free and you probally have nothing to do. So the following are the ways, which I will talk about below, is a great way to spend the afternoon to remove the gel nails when planning for next week or just relaxing your mind.
- Soaking Method
If not achieved the expected results from peeling, you can use this method of soaking to remove gel nails without use of acetone.
- Take a small bowl and fill it with hot water. Add a few drops of soap into the bowl with a teaspoon of salt.
- Put your hand on the plate and stay in this position for about 10 t0 15 minutes. Make sure the water is hot enough.
- Take out your hand after the time stated above has elapsed and wipe with a towel. You can now proceed with the process of chipping and getting rid of gel nails.
- You can do the same with the other hand at the same time or do one hand at a time.
- You can File Off
- Cut your nails first. Use a good first nail clipper and cut the nails as short as possible. You can use filer file if they seem too thick to cut with normal nail scissors.
- File surface of the nails. A file of good thickness is needed. Make sure you do it carefully so as to get a smooth look. Gently move the filer to avoid feeling a burning sensation. Move slowly and do not worry about the time you need.
- Stop the process as soon as you see the natural nail. If you continue this process after seeing the natural nail, you will damage the natural nail. You are near the natural nail, if you notice a decrease in the dust or see the natural edges of the nail.
- Use a finer grit file to get rid of the remaining gel. After seeing the natural nail, one gets a finer grit to remove any of the remaining gel on your nails. Also, be smooth to avoid damaging the natural nail.
- Once you have removed all the gel varnishes, wash your nails with soap. Make sure that you apply a little oil on the nails, for nourishment of your nails. You need to this urgently, after all process is done.
- Use Peel off Method
- Use your fingers or tweezers to grab the edge and remove the gel. Repeat the operation with each finger until the gels have been completely removed.
- Use a cuticle stick and place gently under the gel surface of the nails. Work slowly and find that the gel is moving around the edge. Avoid too hard to dig under the gel of you, as it can damage the natural nail.
- Slowly you can use a tweezers to summarize this process at the high-end of your nails to remove the gel from your fingers
Having nice looking nails will give you confidence and might be vital maintaining such especially if you are into modelling hence using a more natural way to maintain such is more recommendable. Above I have listed just some of the risks that if you use acetone in removing gel nail it can cause you a lot of damage health wise so my advice to you will to try as much as possible and use the natural ways. If you free at home on weekends you can call a friend to help you to use the methods above or even you can do it by yourself when you relaxing and watching your favorite movie series or listening to your favorite music while seated at the balcony enjoying the afternoon breeze. So my advice to you is that ensure process of removing gel nails is safer and make it a hobby to use natural ways of removing gel nails this will ensure you have healthy nails in the long run.